The existence of the desert in Australia is due to its astronomical position, this is the explanation
One of the seven continents of the world, namely the continent of Australia. This continent, located south of Indonesia, has the characteristics and the richness of a diversified fauna and flora. One of the emblematic animals of this continent, namely the kangaroo. Apart from that, the continent called by the name of the country is the smallest continent in the world. The continent, discovered by James Cook in 1770, belongs to the Eastern Continent and belongs to the British Commonwealth.
Astronomically, the Australian continent is located between 10° south latitude (SL) and 43° south latitude (SL) and between 113° east longitude and 155° east longitude. This celestial situation makes the continent south of Indonesia a varied climate, ranging from subtropical to temperate oceanic.
Australia is said to be the smallest continent in the world. The Australian continent has an area of 8,495,000 square kilometers with a population of 36 million. Of the total area, many areas are in the form of deserts. Moreover, the continent which is also a country, has an area that includes many regions and time divisions different from other continents of the world.
As one of the continents with various interesting facts, the Australian continent has such features and characteristics that make it stand out from other continents in the world. The following characteristics of the Australian continent can be described:
1. Its population density is approximately 4.2 million people per square kilometer.
2. Have endemic animals like kangaroo, cuckoo and wombat.
3. The smallest continent in the world is
4. The climate is tropical in the north and subtropical in the south due to the influence of its astronomical and geographical location.
5. It is the smallest mountainous continent in the world.
6. There are natural resources in the form of gold, bauxite, coal, sand, oil and iron ore.
7. Apart from the aboriginal tribes, Melanesians, Europeans and Asians also live on the Australian continent.